The 2018 Subaru Legacy made its world debut at the 2017 Chicago Auto Show this weekend. Here’s what you need to know:
Revised front and rear styling:
- Wider, lower grille openings.
- New front bumper.
- New tailpipe design integrated into lower fascia.
- New high-contrast wheel designs.
- Two new colors, Magnetite Gray Metallic and Crimson Red Pearl
Redesign interior with more premium materials:
- Redesigned center console.
- New gray interior.
- All-new sportier steering wheel.
- Redesigned clock.
- Revised air conditioning system.
Smoother, quieter ride:
- Retuned dampers
- Smoother response from Electric Power Steering
- Firmer, more direct brake-pedal feel.
- Quieter ultra-short-pitch chain on the CVT reduces powertrain noise.
- New sound-insulating inner film glass.
Standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto:
- Latest SUBARU STARLINK Multimedia system with Bluetooth
- Two USB ports added to the back of the center console for rear seat passengers.
- STARLINK 6.5″ replaces 6.2″
- Available STARLINK 8.0″ uses faster CPU
- Two microphones improves voice recognition abilities.
- Legacy STARLINK now compatible with Over the Air updates using WiFi.
New safety technologies:
- New Tire Pressure Monitoring System.
- Larger Blind Spot Detection/Rear Cross Traffic Alert indicator lamp.
- A new available Steering Responsive LED Headlight system.
- EyeSight system utilize systems’ cameras for High Beam Assist.
The 2018 Subaru Legacy goes on sale this summer.